Friday, July 26, 2013

One week left....

The fact that I've still only been to the hammam once is pretty devastating. I'm eager to go again today to get clean!

Meanwhile, we've been doing less and less cultural excursions and more and more studying. Next week I have an oral presentation in Arabic for a final, as well as a 2 hour written final. I'm not worried about the oral presentation, because I feel more comfortable speaking Arabic than I do writing.

At the same time, our group (all 15 of us), are working on a project together that will reflect on some of our cultural/language experiences in Morocco. After meeting twice, we were each assigned an Arabic letter, which would represent a theme or object. I was assigned the letter ك  for كرم, or "karim", which means "generosity", and I will talk about our visit to a local orphanage. I was also assigned a second letter خ, for خبز, or "khobz" which means "bread". Bread is present at every meal. Together, we are putting together a movie with a word for each letter, to talk about our experiences over the past 6 weeks. I will post the YouTube link here when it is finished!

I've posted a map of Rabat below. I live in the Medina, my school is in Souissi, and my friends live in Agdal, the Kasbah, Youssoufia, Temara, and Hay Riad.